National Park Trust CentenaryPrint Page
Plaque erected to mark the centenary of the trust 1858-1958.
The boundaries of Parramatta Park were surveyed and on 6 August 1858 a proclamation appeared in the Government Gazette appointing five people as trustees representing government, business and community interests of the people of Parramatta.
They were: James Byrnes, MP; William Goodin; George Oakes, MP; Nathanniel Payten, Sen.; and John Purchase.
|Address:||O`Connell Street (near George Street), Parramatta Park, Parramatta, 2150|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.812769|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1958|
THIS TABLET WAS ERECTED
TO MARK THE CENTENARY OF
NATIONAL PARK TRUST
FIRST TRUSTEES APPOINTED 1858.
PRESENT TRUSTEES 1958
R.E.COLEMAN ( Chairman)
W.G.GATES, S.T.MOXHAM, R.G.HAY,
J.O.ROWE, H.O.WEBB, J.N.L.ARGENT,
J.P.DALTON and A.M. GOLDSMITH.