Public School Education CentenaryPrint Page
Plaque erected in 1973 to commemorate the centenary 1873 - 1973 of public education at Boggabri School.
The first school in Boggabri was completed by John Neale of Coonabarabran for 800 pounds in April 1873. The building was brick with a shingled roof and both the school and vested residence were accommodated under the same roof. The school could accommodate 60 children in two classrooms while the teacher's quarters contained two bedrooms and a sitting room. There was a detached kitchen.
|Address:||Merton Street, Boggabri Public School, Boggabri, 2382|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.705977|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1973|
THE HON. G.R. CRAWFORD, D.C.M., M.L.A.
MINISTER FOR AGRICULTURE
MEMBER FOR BARWON
OFFICIALLY UNVEILED THIS PLAQUE TO COMMEMORATE 100 YEARS OF PUBLIC EDUCATION AT BOGGABRI PUBLIC SCHOOL
THE HON. E.A. WILLIS, B.A., M.L.A.
MINISTER FOR EDUCATION
J.D.BUGGIE , BSc. AGR.
DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF EDUCATION
K.B.WARWICK , PRINCIPAL