Centenary of Kings ParkPrint Page
A Jarrah tree planted in 1995 commemorates the centenary of the park.
John Forrest became Premier of Western Australia in 1890 and development of the park commenced in 1892. The park was fenced with gates at either end of a newly constructed Perth Park Road. Different sections of the road have since been renamed Fraser Avenue, Forrest Drive and Poole Avenue. Forrest named the land 'The Perth Park' in 1895. The name was changed in 1901 to 'Kings Park' to mark the accession of King Edward VII to the British throne.
|Address:||Fraser Avenue, Kings Park, Kings Park , 6005|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.961101|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1995|