www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of the Tenterfield Pastoral & Agricultural SocietyPrint Page Print this page

28-November-2015
28-November-2015
Photographs supplied by John Huth

A plaque commemorates the centenary of the Tenterfield Pastoral and Agricultural Society.

The Pastoral, Agricultural and Horticultural Society held its first meeting at the Commercial Hotel on November 11, 1876 and the first Show was held on April 5th and 6th, 1877 in the old School of Arts building and adjoining grounds.

Location

Address:Manners Street, William Reid Pavilion, Tenterfield Showground , Tenterfield, 2372
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -29.055278
Long: 152.015278
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Approx. Event Start Date:1877
Approx. Event End Date:1977

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1977
Front Inscription

1877  1977

This plaque was erected to commemorates the centenary of the Tenterfield Pastoral & Agricultural Society.

It was unveiled on 13th Feb. 1977 by Mr. P. A. Irby, a descendant of Edward Irby, the first President.

Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design