www.monumentaustralia.org.au

100 Years of RotaryPrint Page Print this page

Rotary Shelter
Rotary Shelter

Photographs supplied by Diane Watson

A shelter commemorates 100 years of Rotary.

Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.

The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.

Location

Address:Prince Edward Parade, Rotary Park, Redcliffe, 4020
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.224438
Long: 153.114942
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event STart Date:23-February-1905
Actual Event End Date:23-February-2005

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2005
Front Inscription

This Shelter Was Built As A 
Community Service Project
         By The
Redcliffe City Council
             And
The Rotary Clubs of Redcliffe City  
     Redcliffe Sunrise
        Kippa Ring
To Commemorate 100 Years
       Of Service
From Rotary International
       1905-2005

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design