Riversdale Golf Club CentenaryPrint Page
A tree to commemorates the centenary of the Riversdale Golf Club.
Riversdale Golf Club had its beginning during the early part of October 1892 and can claim to be the second oldest Golf Club in Victoria - only Royal Melbourne has a marginally longer history.
Originally formed as Surrey Hills Golf Club, the Club was located at Mont Albert some 6 kilometres north of its present location. In 1907 the club moved to Camberwell and a short time later changed its name to Riversdale Golf Club, retaining this name when it moved to the present location at St. Johns Wood, Mount Waverley in May 1927.
|Address:||High Street & Huntingdale Road, Riversadale Golf Club, Mount Waverley, 3149|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.871667|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1892|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1992|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1992|
RIVERSDALE GOLF CLUB PLANTED IN THE CENTENARY YEAR 1992
COPPER BEECH FAGUS SYLVATICA PURPUREA.