Galli CurciPrint Page
Monument to the Shark Bay Pearling Lugger.
Tommy Rane (Senior) built Galli-Curci in 1929 for Mac Hoult of Denham for dredge-pearling and fishing. It was named after the brilliant Italian soprano, Amelia Galli-Curci who toured Australia in the early 1920’s and the vessel became known locally as ‘The Galla’. It was sold to Mick and Jack Fry in 1933 for fishing out of Denham. The Galla was used by General T A Blamey, Australian Imperial Force, for sailing and fishing in 1943 during the war years.
|Address:||Knight Terrace & Durlacher Street, Denham, 6537|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.929141|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.