Peace LoanPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the over subscription of Commonwealth peace loan of 1919.
During World War One, to finance the war the Commonwealth had a series of war loans, and then peace loans. To recover the cost of the war and fund soldier pensions the government launched 'Peace Loan' campaigns after the war. Peace loans were similar to the war loans where people loaned money to the government and received interest.
|Address:||James Street, Old Council Chambers, Kingston SE, 5275|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.82961|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1919|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1919|
Commonwealth of Australia
To commemorate the over subscription of the allocated quota of this loan by the District Council of Lacepede
J Gall Chairman
W. A. Watt Treasurer
W. M. Hughes Prime Minister