Pleasant Creek HospitalPrint Page
Commemorates the site of the first Pleasant Creek Hospital in 1859 and re-sited in 1861.
|Address:||Western Highway, Doctor`s Hill, Stawell West, 3380|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.06|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
On this hill in 1859 the first Pleasant Creek Hospital was built to serve the needs of gold miners and the rural communities of Western Victoria.
"There not being anything else of the kind further towards the interior of the colony". (Ist Annual Report 1859). The hospital was re-sited at Stawell West in 1861