Australian Natives Association Centenary Print Page
A pine tree plantation commemorates the centenary of the Australian Natives Association.
The Australian Natives' Association (ANA), a mutual society was founded in Melbourne, Australia in April 1871 as the Victorian Natives' Association. In 1872 it voted to extend membership to men born in the other Australian colonies and changed its name at the same time. The Association played a leading role in the movement for Australian federation in the last 20 years of the 19th century. In 1900 it had a membership of 17,000, mainly in Victoria.
|Address:||Marma & Lake Streets, Murtoa, 3390|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.620151|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1871|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1971|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1971|
Golden pines mark centenary Australian Natives` Association
Planted by Murtoa A.N.A. 1971