Dandenong High School Commemorative WindowPrint Page
Stained glass window commemorates the 90th anniversary of the school and is dedicated to the memory of Percival William Langford, the first headmaster of the school.
The window was funded by the Department of Veteran Affairs and the Ex-Students Association.
Dandenong High School was officially opened on 10 March 1919. The first Headmaster of Dandenong High School was Mr Percival Charles William Langford. Mr Langford served in the 4th Light Horse Brigade of the First Australian Imperial Force, and saw action in France and the Sinai and Palestine Campaign. He was invalided out of the Army in September 1916 suffering from typhoid. He then undertook recruitment work for the Army. Mr Langford served at the school until 1934 when he transferred to Mildura, then to Frankston in 1937 where he worked until his retirement in 1948.
The colours of the school are those of Mr Langford’s Regiment, the 4th Light Horse, and are red and two shades of blue.
|Address:||92-106 Princes Highway, Dandenong High School, Dandenong, 3175|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.979361|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1919|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2009|
|Monument Designer:||Ferguson Stained Glass|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Friday 27th April, 2012|
FABER QUISQUE FORTUNAE
Window into our Past and Future
The stained glass window above the entrance
doors was funded by The Department of
Veteran Affairs and the Ex-Students
Association, to mark the 90th anniversary
of the school being the work of Ferguson
Stained Glass, a company with strong
family links with DHS, and was dedicated
to the memory of
P C W Langford on 27 April 2012