Henry Lawson (Plaque)Print Page
A plaque, erected by the Henry Lawson Society of Gulgong, commemorates the site where Henry Lawson completed his formal education in 1880.
Although Henry was born at the Grenfell goldfields, he was raised, from the age of six months to 15 years, in a cottage 8 km north of Mudgee at Eurunderee (then known as 'Pipeclay'), which was established after a gold find in 1863. He briefly attended the local Catholic school.
|Address:||Church Street, Monsignor Flanagan Parish Centre, Mudgee, 2850|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.591671|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1984|
In this building
Henry Lawson (1867 - 1922)
completed his formal education in 1880
Teacher -Charles Kevin
The Henry Lawson Society of N.S.W.
Gulgong - 1984