www.monumentaustralia.org.au

125th Year of Killarney SchoolPrint Page Print this page

16-April-2016
16-April-2016
Photographs supplied by John Huth

A plaque commemorates the 125th year of service to the community by the Killarney State School.

The first buildings for Killarney State School were completed 16 July 1874 after many years of planning.  However it was not until the end of July that the first Head Teacher, Henry Martyn Gwyther, was officially appointed. The first official roll call did not occur until 17 August 1874 with on average 29 students attending throughout the year.

 

 

Location

Address:Warwick - Killarney Road, Killarney State School, Killarney, 4393
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.341439
Long: 152.298086
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Actual Event STart Date:17-August-1874
Actual Event End Date:17-August-1999

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 9th October, 1999
Front Inscription

KILLARNEY STATE SCHOOL

Opened 17 August 1874

Presented To The School By The Hon. The Minister For Education
To Commemorate Its 125th Year Of Service To The Community

Hon. Dean Wells M.P. 
Minister for Education
9 October 1999

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design