www.monumentaustralia.org.au

100th Anniversary of Killarney SchoolPrint Page Print this page

16-April-2016
16-April-2016

Photographs supplied by John Huth

A plaque commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Killarney State School.

The first buildings for Killarney State School were completed 16 July 1874 after many years of planning.  However it was not until the end of July that the first Head Teacher, Henry Martyn Gwyther, was officially appointed. The first official roll call did not occur until 17 August 1874 with on average 29 students attending throughout the year.

 

 

Location

Address:Warwick - Killarney Road, Killarney State School, Killarney, 4393
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -28.341439
Long: 152.298086
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Actual Event STart Date:17-August-1874
Actual Event End Date:17-August-1974

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 17th August, 1974
Front Inscription

Erected By
P. & C. And Past Students
Associations
To Celebrate
100th. Anniversary
17 - 8 - 1974

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design