www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Relocation of Brigidine ConventPrint Page Print this page

07-February-2016
07-February-2016

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers
A plaque commemorates the relocation of the Brigidine Convent from Coonamble to Pokolbin in 1991.

Location

Address:88 Halls Road, Peppers Convent Resort, Pokolbin, 2320
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.782979
Long: 151.313379
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 27th October, 1991
Left Side Inscription
TO COMMEMORATE THE RELOCATION
OF THE BRIGIDINE CONVENT
FROM COONAMBLE TO POKOLBIN


   27TH OCTOBER 1991

PEPPERS WISH TO THANK THE 
CATHOLIC PARISHIONERS OF COONAMBLE 
AND THE BRIGIDINE NUNS FOR ENABLING
THE RESTORATION TO TAKE PLACE
Right Side Inscription
       THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
THE VERY REV. Dr. BROPHY P.P.
               DUBBO
        21st NOV. 1909
 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design