100th Anniversary of Rotary International (Mount Keira Northern Lookout) Print Page
In 2005, the Summit Park refurbishment provided an opening up of magnificent vistas of the coastal plain from Kiama to Sydney, and is managed as an annex of the Wollongong Botanic Garden. It contains 9.4 hectares of land and it is a major tourist destination, many visitors to Wollongong climbing the Ken Ausburn Track.
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.
|Address:||Queen Elizabeth Drive, Mount Keira Summit Park , Mount Keira , 2500|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.40249|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1905|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2005|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Thursday 24th March, 2005|
City Of Innovation
The Mount Keira Northern Lookout
was officially opened by
The Right Worshipful the Lord Mayor Councillor Alex Darling
The President of the Rotary Club of Wollongong Inc., Mr Wal Jenkins
to mark the 100th Anniversary of Rotary International and
75 years of partnership with the City in service to the community
24 March 2005
Cr Alex Darling Rod Oxley PSM
Lord Mayor General Manager
Rotary Club of Wollongong Inc.