100 Years of Rotary Print Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
100 trees were planted by Ballan Rotary Club to commemorate 100 years of Rotary International 1905 -2005.

Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.

The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.


Address:Blackwood Street, Caledonian Park , Ballan, 3342
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.597936
Long: 144.231247
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Trees
Monument Theme:Culture
Approx. Event Start Date:1905
Approx. Event End Date:2005


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2005
Left Side Inscription

"100 trees for 100 years of Rotary" 

100 trees were planted by the Rotary Club of Ballan District 9780 

to celebrate Rotary International's  Centennial 
1905 -2005

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design