www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Opening of the Newcastle Boys High School Print Page Print this page

23-June-2015
23-June-2015
Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A marble tablet commemorates the opening of the Newcastle Boys High School at Waratah in 1934. 

Arrangements for the official opening of the Newcastle Boys High School building at Waratah by the Minister for Education ( Mr. D. H. Drummond) were completed at a meeting of the Parents and Citizens` Association of the school last night. The Mayor of Hamilton (Ald. E. Richardson) presided. 

The ceremony will take place at the school beginning at 2.45 p.m. on Saturday next, August 18. Having completed the official opening, the Minister will be invited to unveil a tablet of Italian marble, which has been placed in the vestibule of the school by the Parents and Citizens Association to commemorate the occasion.
Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners` Advocate (NSW),
15 August 1934. 

Location

Address:Turton Road, Callaghan College, Waratah Technology Campus, Waratah, 2298
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.905089
Long: 151.728392
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 18th August, 1934
Front Inscription

THIS TABLET WAS ERECTED BY THE 
     P. & C. ASSOCIATION,
TO COMMEMORATE THE OPENING OF THE 
NEWCASTLE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL, 
BY THE HON.D.H. DRUMMOND, M.L.A.
       MINISTER FOR EDUCATION. 
    ON THE 18TH. AUG. 1934. 
E.RICHARDSON, L.M. RANDLE, W.B.HOSKIN,
President.                Hon.Treas.          Hon.Sec. 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design