www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Gulnare Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

02-March-2015
02-March-2015
Photographs supplied by Roger Johnson
A flagpole commemorates the centenary of the Gulnare Memorial Hall. The foundation stone of the hall was laid on the 3rd May 1905. The Hall was opened on August 9, 1905 and a supper room was added in 1911. Affiliated with the Institutes Association in 1927, it was thereafter known as the Gulnare Institute.

THE GULNARE HALL. Gulnare May 4. On Wednesday afternoon the foundation stone of Gulnare Hall was laid by Mrs. Cummins. The chairman (Mr. F. Maslin) presented Mrs. Cummins with, a silver trowel, and after a very appropriate speech she declared the stone duly laid. Short eulogistic speeches were given by Hon. A. and Messrs. W. P. Cummins and F. W. Young. Mr. Cummins thanked the committee for remembering Mrs. Cummins as a past resident of Gulnare, and allowing her the honor of performing the ceremony. Votes of thanks were passed to Mrs. Cummins, and to the chairman, after which the sum of £28 was placed on1 the stone towards the building fund. Of this £10 10/ was given by the Gulnare Racing Club. A public tea was provided on the ground, and was well patronised. 
Chronicle (Adelaide), 13 May 1905. 

Location

Address:Railway Terrace, Gulnare Memorial Hall, Gulnare, 5233
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.466526
Long: 138.443215
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Flagpole
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Community
Actual Event STart Date:09-August-1905
Actual Event End Date:09-August-2005

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 7th August, 2005
Front Inscription

This flag pole commemorates
100 years of the
Gulnare Memorial Hall
1905 - 2005
Unveiled on 7th August, 2005

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design