130th Anniversary of the Launceston Volunteer ArtilleryPrint Page
|Address:||36 Button Street, Launceston Church Grammar School Chapel, Mowbray, 7248|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.408897|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||June-1990|
These smooth-bore 12 pdr brass howitzer guns were once used for the defence of Laaunceston circa 1870 and weere donated to the school by Lt Col George E. Harrap (Member of Bristish Emoire Volunteer Decoration)
An old boy, former Chairman and member of the Board of Management, Launceston Church Grammar School
This plaque was installed by the artillery Historical trust of Tasmania to commemorate the 130th anniversary of the Launceston Volunteer Artillery