Peace LoanPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the over subscription of the Commonwealth Peace Loan after World War One.
During World War One, to finance the war the Commonwealth had a series of war loans, and then peace loans. To recover the cost of the war and fund soldier pensions the government launched 'Peace Loan' campaigns after the war. Peace loans were similar to the war loans where people loaned money to the government and received interest. All were over subscribed.
|Address:||66 High Street, Old Town Hall, Sheffield, 7306|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.380779|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1919|
Commonwealth of Australia
Peace Loan A.D. 1919
To commemorate the oversubscription of the allocated quota of this loan by the Municipality of Kentish
E. F. B. Blyth Warden
W. A. Watt Treasurer
W. M. Hughes Prime Minister