North Sydney Technical High School Print Page
Plaques commemorate the establishment of the North Sydney Technical High School at this site in 1942 and the graduation of the first students in 1943.
The old stone buildings on the school site of the North Sydney Intermediate High School have been restored and incorporated into the Greenwood Hotel. The Old Lions is made up of the former students and teachers of that school which as well as providing a contact point for those connected with the school via its newsletters, website and dinners, also maintains a museum of the school and of early education on the north shore. The Lions Den is within the Greenwood Hotel complex on the old school site.
The Old Lions mounted a very strong defence of the old school after the site was sold and the old stone buildings threatened with demolition. The area has now been named Greenwood Plaza in memory of Nimrod Greenwood, the influential and popular headmaster of the school from 1884 to 1914.
|Address:||101 Miller Street, Greenwood Plaza , North Sydney, 2055|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.839533|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1942|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1969|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Friday 10th July, 1942|
THIS TABLET WAS UNVEILED
THE HON. CLIVE R. EVATT K.C, M.L.A.
MINISTER FOR EDUCATION
TO COMMEMORATE THE ESTABLISHMENT
THE NORTH SYDNEY TECHNICAL
JOHN H. HODGSON R.GILTINAN.B.A.
PRESIDENT P & C ASSOC HEADMASTER
10th JULY 1942
THIS PLAQUE MARKS THE SITE OF
NORTH SYDNEY TECHNICAL
1942 - 1969
AND WAS UNVEILED ON 11.10.1993 TO
COMMEMORATE THE GRADUATION OF
THE FIRST STUDENTS 50 YEARS AGO
the Old Lions, THE ASSOCIATION OF
EX PUPILS & TEACHERS OF THE SCHOOL