Peace LoanPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the over-subscription of the Peace Loan in 1919.
With regard to the bronze tablet tablet with coat of arms which the Green Ponds Municipality won by more than doubling its quota in the Peace Loan, the municipality has decided to mount it on blackwood, and hang it in the Victoria hall, Kempton. The Hamilton Municipality have decided to place the tablet in the Hamilton hall, with the honour roll and it is hoped, if the honour roll is ready, to arrange with Sir John Gellibrand to unveil both of them.
The Mercury (Hobart), 8th July 1920.
|Address:||2 Tarleton Street, Council Offices, Hamilton, 7140|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.559929|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Commonwealth of Australia
To commemorate the subscription of double the alloted quota of this loan by the Municipality of Hamilton
W. H. Dixon Warden
W. A. Watt Treasurer
W. M. Hughes Prime Minister