Boomanoomana South SchoolPrint Page
A memorial rock commemorates the Boomanoomana South School.
Monument characteristics :
A rough-formed grey granite monolith approximately 1.5 metres high, set in concrete. It has two attached plaques, one listing details of teachers and period of the school's existence, the other details those involved in the erection of the monument
|Address:||Mulwala-Barooga Road , 5 kilometres from Barooga, Barooga, 3644|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.921974|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||17-March-1937|
|Actual Event End Date:||19-June-1952|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th May, 2005|
Boomanoomana South School
Opened 17th March 1937
Closed 19th June 1952
Teachers at the school were
John Dalton McGuire 1937
George Little 1945
Raymond Sam 1948
Lawrence Lynch 1950
The Boomanoomana South Public School Commemorative Commitee was formed on 29th November 2004, at a meeting held at the Barooga Sports Club.
Geoff Backhouse was elected Chairperson
Vaness Danaher was elected Secretary
Committee Members : Jean Guthrie, Geoff Brentnall, Gerry O`Dwyer, Leo Bond, Noel Hicks, Colin Watson, Colin Cornish, Tom Danaher, David Stillard and John Stillard.
The project was funded by the following
O`Dwyer Family - Rock
Colin Watson - Plaque for Rock
Barooga Sports Club
Tom & Vanessa Danaher
The Memorial Rock was unveiled by Mr John Bruce, Mayor of Berrigan Shire on Saturday 7th May 2005
The School Plaque was unveiled by Mrs Jean Guthrie