Centenary of Rotary InternationalPrint Page
A water feature commemorates the Centenary of Rotary International in 2005.
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.
|Address:||Terralong Street, Hindmarsh Park, Kiama, 2533|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.669178|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||23-February-1905|
|Actual Event End Date:||23-February-2005|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2005|
This plaque acknowledges the contribution of the Rotary Club of Kiama in the construction of this water feature. The installation utilises recycled storm water and commemorates a project in Ayutthaya, Thailand where water-filtering plants were provided by Rotary to two schools to assist clean water supply.
The project was undertaken to mark the Centenary of Rotary International on 23rd February, 2005.
President Rev. Dr Les Hewitt Rotary Club Kiama
Councillor Sandra McCarthy Mayor Kiama Council