Centenary of Leighton GardensPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the Leighton Gardens which were established in December 1905.
|Address:||Illawarra Highway, Leighton Gardens, Moss Vale , 2577|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.549682|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||07-December-1905|
|Actual Event End Date:||07-December-2005|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||December 2005|
Commemorating the Centenary of Leighton Gardens,
named in honour of Moss Vale`s
illustrious Mayor and Dentist,
Dr. Henry Leighton Jones who initiated, then
orchestrated construction of these magnificent
gardens, which were opened on 7 December 1905
by Lord Jersey, former Governor of
New South Wales.
This plaque was unveiled in December 2005
by John Leighton Jones and
Wingecarribee Shire Mayor, Gordon Lewis.