Winchelsea School Centenary Print Page
A Plaque presented by the Shire of Winchelsea commemorates the centenary of the Winchelsea School No 2015. The centenary of the school was celebrated on the 7th & 8th April 1978.
The Church of England conducted the first Winchelsea School in 1854. This school was No. 659 Winchelsea and was the forerunner of the State School No 2015. An opposition school operated in the Wesleyan Chapel in the period 1868-1878. After the completion of the new building as requested from the Department by the Board Advice No. 283, the State School No 2015 was officially opened on the 1st of March 1878 by the Governor of Victoria.
|Address:||60 Main Street (Princes Highway) , Winchelsea Primary School , Winchelsea, 3241|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.24449|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1878|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1978|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||April-1978|
THE SHIRE OF WINCHELSEA
TO COMMEMORATE THE CENTENARY OF
WINCHELSEA SCHOOL NO.2015
AND UNVEILED BY
THE OLDEST EX-PUPIL PRESENT
MR.J.G.ALSOP AGED 92