75th Anniversary of Stanley ParkPrint Page
Commemorates the 75th Anniversary of Stanley Park which was the first park to be created in the Metcalfe Shire.
|Address:||Calder Highway & Market Street, Stanley Park, Harcourt, 3453|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.996714|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 15th October, 1989|
This Bunta Pine (Araucaria bidwilli) was presented by Mr. J. Lang, and planted on the 15th September 1914 by the Governor of Victoria Sir Arthur Lyulph Stanley.
He named this park Stanley Park
The first park to be created in Metcalfe Shire
This plaque was unvailed by the Metcalfe Shire President Cr Ian Cochrane on the 15th October 1989, to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Stanley Park.