Centenary of Royal Naval College Print Page
Plaque commemorates the centenary of the establishment of the Royal Naval College at Osborne House in 1913.
In 1913 the Navy took up offer to use the house as a naval college. Improvements to the buildings were carried out, including the erection of block of buildings as quarters for unmarried seamen, two new classrooms, and alterations to the main room to provided a large barrack for 28 cadets. The college was opened by the Governor General, Lord Thomas Denman on March 1, 1913, with Prime Minister Andrew Fisher also present.
|Address:||53 Swinburne Street, Osborne House , North Geelong, 3215|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.119297|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||01-March-1913|
|Actual Event End Date:||01-March-2013|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 2nd March, 2013|