Burleigh Lions Club 50th AnniversaryPrint Page
Monument commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Lions Club of Burleigh Heads and recognises the valuable contribution of its members to the Gold Coast community. Burleigh Heads Lions Club was formed on the 26th May 1957 and chartered on the 2nd November 1957.
Lions Clubs International (LCI) is a secular service organization with over 45,500 clubs and more than 1,368,683 members in 205 countries around the world founded by Melvin Jones in 1917.The organization aims to meet the needs of communities on a local and global scale.
|Address:||Gold Coast Highway , Memorial Park , Burleigh Heads , 4220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -28.088839|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1957|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2007|
|Monument Designer:||Ron Muir|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 6th May, 2007|
This monument commemorates the 50th anniversary
of the Lions Club of Burleigh Heads
(1957-2007) and recognises the valuable
contribution of its members to the
Gold Coast community.
The inspiration for this sculpture by local artist
Ronald Muir was the figurehead on the bow of the
English sailing ship H.M.S. Lowstaff , launched in 1697.
The two lions that are the focus of the
art piece are also evocative of the
Lions Club logo, which symbolises
recognition of the past while looking to the future.
This monument jointly funded by Gold Coast City Council
and the Queensland Government
was unveiled on 6 May 2007