Dingo MemorialPrint Page
A statue commemorates the Dingo native dog and the naming of the town.
The origin of the town`s name is shrouded in mystery. Some say a railway surveyor saw a dingo on the creek bank and gave the town its name, others say that Moses Wafer, an earlier pioneer, heard dingo`s howling at night and named the town around his camping site.
In 1876, Dingo was the terminus of the Central Railway line.
|Address:||Capricorn Highway, Dingo, 4702|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -23.645504|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.