2nd / 15th BattalionPrint Page
Two Aleppo pine trees honour the men from South Brisbane and Coorparoo, and former Grammar School students of the 2/15th Battalion who fought at El Alamien and Tobruk in North Africa during World War Two.
The 2/15th Battalion was an infantry battalion of the Australian Army, which served during the Second World War. Formed in May 1940 from primarily Queensland volunteers, the battalion served in North Africa in 1941–42 as part of the 20th Brigade, which was assigned to the 7th Division, before being reassigned to the 9th Division.
|Address:||Oaklands Parade, Anglican Church Grammar School, East Brisbane, 4169|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.481741|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||November-2004|