Victorian Amateur Turf ClubPrint Page
Commemorates the contribution of the Victorian Amateur Turf Club and the Caulfield Racecourse, where thousands of soldiers joined the 2nd Australian Imperial Force during the Second World War. During the war, the army used the racecourse as a recruiting depot, barracks and clearing house for the medical examinations of young recruits.
|Address:||Station Street, Caulfield Racecourse , Caulfield East, 3145|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.877019|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
Australia Remembers - 1939 to 1945
This plaque is to commemorate the contribution made by the Victorian Amateur Turf Club, and the Caulfield Racecourse in particular, where thousands of soldiers joined the 2nd Australian Imperial Force during World War II.
Jointly unveiled by Peter Lawrence Esq, Chairman VATC Bruce Ruxton Esq, OBE, State President of the RSL in the 50th Anniversary year of the ending of World War II
Victoria Amateur Turf Club 12 August 1995 Returned & Services League of Australia