3rd Armoured Division Print Page
A memorial garden and plaque commemorate the 3rd Armoured Division, which served from 1942 to 1943 during World War Two.
The Australian 3rd Armoured Division was an armoured unit of the Australian Army that was established on 15 November 1942 by redesignating the 1st Motor Division (which was previously the 1st Cavalry Division). As an armoured division the 3rd Armoured was equipped with M3 Grant medium tanks and M3 Stuart light tanks. The Division's 3rd Motor Brigade was gradually disbanded between March to August 1943 and the 3rd Armoured Division was disbanded in Queensland on 19 October 1943
|Address:||Macalister Street, Entrance to Murgon Showground, Murgon, 4605|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.245689|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||15-November-1942|
|Actual Event End Date:||19-October-1943|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 13th November, 2010|
3RD ARMOURED DIVISION
Part Of The "Brisbane Line"
A Murgon And District Military History Association Project
Officially Opened By
Honourable Mr Warren Truss MP
Federal Member for Wide Bay
13th November 2010