34th Australian Anti- Aircraft Battery Plaque (King Point) Print Page
Plaque unveiled at the site of the Anti-Aircraft Guns commemorates those who served with the 34th Battery during World War Two.
The 34th Australian Anti-aircraft Battery was located at King's Point on Horn Island in far north Queensland between 1942 and 1944. The unit was formed under the command of Major Tom Rusden in Braybrook, Victoria on the !st September 1942. The Battery was the first anti-aircraft battery to arrive on Horn Island and was split into two sections. A Section was located on Double Hill and B Section was located at King Point.
|Address:||Airport Road, Site of Anti-Aircraft Guns, King Point, Horn Island, 4875|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -10.573514|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1942|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1944|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 29th May, 2010|