13th Australian Army Ordnance Depot - A.W.A.S. Print Page
A Plaque commemorates those from the Australian Women's Army Service (A.W.A.S. ) who served with 13th Australian Army Ordnance Depot during World War Two.
The formation of the Australian Women's Army Service (AWAS) was authorised by the government on 13 August 1941 to "release men from certain military duties for employment in fighting units." The AWAS was the only non-medical women's service to send personnel overseas during the war; in 1944 and 1945 AWAS served in both Dutch and Australian New Guinea. By 30 June 1947 all members of the AWAS had been demobilised.
|Address:||Kennedy Highway, Rocky Creek, 4882|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -17.1825|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1943|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1946|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 25th April, 1999|
13 AUSTRALIAN ARMY ORDNANCE DEPOT
IN MEMORY OF ALL
WHO SERVED AT
1943 - 1946
LEST WE FORGET