Baptist Church War Memorial GatesPrint Page
A gateway at the former Baptist Church comprising a gable roof supported on barley-twist columns was opened by the church in 1954 to honour those from the church who fought, suffered and died during World War Two, and to provide an entrance to memorial grounds established next to the church on Brisbane Street.
In 2004 the congregation established itself elsewhere and the church was sold to eventually be transformed into a performance venue by the Ipswich City Council in 2012. The former church and gates are listed on the Queensland Heritage Register.
|Address:||184-188 Brisbane Street, Baptist Church, Ipswich, 4305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.614721|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 25th April, 1954|