37/52 Australian Infantry Battalion MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who served with the 37/52 Australian Infantry Battalion during World War Two.
Formed in 1930 from two previously existing Militia battalions, the battalion remained on the Australian order of battle until 1937. During World War Two it was revived in 1942 and subsequently saw active service with the 4th Brigade against the Japanese in the Huon Peninsula and New Britain campaigns. It was disbanded after the war in 1946.
|Address:||Burnett Street, Lions Park, Buderim, 4556|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.689803|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
37/52 Australian Infantry Battalion
The Battalion trained in this area in 1942 prior to leaving for active service in New Guinea.
This plaque records the appreciation of the members of the Battalion to the people of the District for their support and generous hospitality.