460 SquadronPrint Page
A plaque commemorates those who served and the thousand who did not return while serving with the 460 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force (R.A.A.F) during World War Two.
460 Squadron was first formed as a heavy bomber squadron during World War Two on 15 November 1941 and disbanded on 10 October 1945 after seeing extensive combat over Europe. The squadron was a multinational unit, but most personnel were Australian.
|Address:||Ann Street, ANZAC Square, Shrine of Remembrance Crypt, Brisbane, 4000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.466428|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||15-November-1941|
|Actual Event End Date:||10-October-1945|
ROYAL AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE
United Kingdom And Europe
WORLD WAR II
DEDICATED TO ALL WHO SERVED AND
IN MEMORY OF OUR THOUSAND WHO FAILED TO RETURN