Aramac Memorial Park & Gates Print Page
A park and gates commemorate those who served in World War Two.
The Memorial Park and Gates were officially opened on the 18th October 1947 by Mr. G.H.Devries, Member for Gregory. The Memorial Gates of wrought iron are recessed between concrete pillars on which are granite tablets inscribed with the names of the enlisted men from Aramac and district. Mrs Stobo, wife of the Chairman of the Aramac Shire read out the names inscribed on the tablets and during the Reveille unveiled the tablets. As a grand finale to the opening ceremony, the spectators were treated to a demonstration of a maypole dance by 16 of the smaller school girls under the direction of Mrs O. Williams and Mrs Glover. Mr G.T. Browne a former councillor initiated the establishment of the park which was designed by Mr G.C. Wilson, consulting engineer.
Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton), 25th October 1947.
|Address:||Gordon Street, Aramac, 4726|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -22.971453|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Monument Designer:||Mr G. C. Wilson|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 18th October, 1947|