Australian Women`s Army Service Northern Territory ForcePrint Page
A monument commemorates the Australian Women's Army Service Northern Territory (N.T.) Force.
Following the bombing of Darwin the Australian Women`s Army Service (AWAS) was posted to Alice Springs and later to other spots around the Territory, including Darwin. The AWAS was withdrawn from the Territory in 1946. The women were employed as clerks, typists, stenographers, signal workers, canteen, tailoresses and (for women`s services only) hairdressers.
|Address:||Allen Avenue, Emery Point Headland, Larrakeyah Barracks, Larrakeyah, 0820|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -12.453333|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
AUSTRALIAN WOMEN`S ARMY SERVICE N.T. FORCE 1942-1946