St John`s War MemorialPrint Page
St John`s Memorial Organ was rebuilt and rededicated in 1955 as a memorial commemorating 16 parishioners who died during World War Two.
|Address:||St Johns Avenue, St Johns Anglican Church, New Town, 7008|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.854805|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 4th September, 1955|
This organ was built in 1886 and was rebuilt in 1955
To the glory of God and in memory of the men of the Parish who died in the 2nd World War
[ Names ]
Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.