www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Alford Memorial Park ArchPrint Page Print this page

02-May-2015
02-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Erich Nussbaumer

An arch commemorates those who served in World War Two.

An ornamental arch at the entrance to the Alford Memorial Park was unveiled on Saturday by the Speaker (Sir Robert Nicholls) as a memorial to the 37 men and women who enlisted from the district with the armed forces in World War Two. Sir Robert and Lady Nicholls were introduced to the large crowd who attended the ceremony by the president of the Alford war memorial committee. (Mr. Les Rogers.)
The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA), 20 November 1946.

Location

Address:Port Broughton-Kadina Road, Alford Tennis Club, Alford, 5555
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.817491
Long: 137.821161
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Actual Event STart Date:03-September-1939
Actual Event End Date:15-August-1945

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 16th November, 1946
Front Inscription

Alford Memorial Park

Left Side Inscription

1939

World War II
1939 - 1945

Alford Honour Roll
[ Names ]

To perpetuate the memory of the men and women of this District who served for King and country

Right Side Inscription

1945

World War II 
1939 - 1945

Alford Honour Roll
[ Names ]

To perpetuate the memory of the men and women of this District who served for King and country

Source: MA,SKP
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design