Kyabram & District Memorial Community HospitalPrint Page
Kyabram and District Memorial Community Hospital was built as a commemoration to those who served in World War Two. The foundation plaque for the hospital was laid by William McMaster Smith on the 9th November 1958.
The hospital has recently undergone major renovations.
Kyabram has raised £20,000 for a new memorial hospital. The new 32 -bed memorial hospital will be on a site of more than six acres, fronting Tehan street. Trees have been planted already in the Memorial Drive. Memorial gates at the site were unveiled last year by the Governor, Sir Dallas Brooks.
The Argus (Melbourne), 2 September 1953.
|Address:||Fenaughty Street, Kyabram, 3620|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.314956|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 9th November, 1958|
Kyabram & District Memorial Community Hospital
(plaque in foyer )
KYABRAM DISTRICT MEMORIAL
COMMUNITY HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
PLAQUE LAID BY
COUNCILLOR WILLIAM McMASTER SMITH
9th NOVEMBER 1958.