www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Anglican Church Memorial FencePrint Page Print this page

15-November-2014
15-November-2014

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown / Chris McLaughlin

The fence of Anglican Church commemorates those from the congregation who died in service or were killed in action in World War Two.

A rock fence, complete with wrought-iron panels and gates, at St  Paul`s Church of England, Euroa, will be dedicated by the Bishop of Geelong (Rt. Rev. J. D. McKie) tomorrow at 3 p.m.  The fence has a frontage of 290 feet to the Hume Highwy and is a memorial to men of the parish who gave their lives in World War 11. The money was raised by the ladles' guild. The rock was a gift, and was won by the men of the parish. The project was designed and supervised by a parishioner. 
Age (Melbourne), 12 September 1953.

Location

Address:Clifton Street, Anglican Church, Euroa, 3666
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.754928
Long: 145.573665
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW2
Link:http://vhd.heritage.vic.gov.au/vhd/…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 13th September, 1953
Front Inscription

This Fence Stands In
Grateful Memory Of Those
Who Worshipped God
In This Church
And Who Gave Their Lives
For Their Country
In The War 1939 - 1945
"Greater Love Hath No Man"

Source: MA,RSLV,VWHI
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design