Bright Memorial GatesPrint Page
The Bright Memorial Gates commemorate those who served in World War Two.
Monument characteristics :
Four stone pillars with wrought iron gates and lanterns
|Address:||Gavan Street, Centenary Park, Bright, 3741|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.726191|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 11th November, 1951|
Lest We Forget
On the 11th November 1951 these gates were officially unveiled by Mrs Margaret Lumsden representing the families of the fallen in the 2nd. World War 1939 - 1945
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."
The gates were a gift, by public donations, to the Bright Progress Association.