War Memorial Bell TowerPrint Page
A freestanding bell tower was erected in 1949 to commemorate those soldiers who died in service or were killed in action during World War Two.
The parish war memorial bell and belfry was dedicated by Archbishop Halse on the 19th June 1949.
The Courier-Mail, 18th June 1949
|Address:||68 Hawthorne Street, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Woolloongabba, 4101|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.488129|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 19th June, 1949|
A. M. D. G.
The War Memorial Bell Tower
Rededicated and the bell named Rovert by the Most Reverend P. J. Hollingworth A.O. Archbishop of Brisbane
This land was donated by the Rev. R. Creyke in 1879 in sacred memory of his son Robert who died in 1869