Bay Rock LighthousePrint Page
The restored Bay Rock Lighthouse which was originally located on Magenetic Island commemorates the 50th anniversary of the end of World War Two.
|Address:||42 - 68 Palmer Street, Maritime Museum of Townsville, South Townsville, 4810|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -19.259244|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1995|
1945 - 1995
50th. anniversary of the end of World War II
The Bay Rock Lighthouse
The Bay Rock Lighthouse, built in 1886, was originally situated on the western side of Magnetic Island, and, by safely guiding small ships, played a large part in the war effort.
It has been restored by Queensland Transport as part of their commitment to the "Australia Remembers" celebrations.