South Brisbane Graving DockPrint Page
|Address:||412 Stanley Street, Queensland Maritime Museum, South Brisbane, 4101|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.482018|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||07-December-1941|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
Dedicated to the civilian and service personnel who worked at the South Brisbane Graving Dock and to the crews of the ships repaired and maintained in the dock during the Pacific War from 7 December 1941 to 15 August 1945.
This dock was built by the Queensland Colonial Government in 1881 to service the Colonial Navy and Dredge Fleet together with passenger and cargo ships that played a key role in the development of Queensland.
The dock also played a major part in World War 1 servicing both Naval and merchant vessels.