Tresylva Park Memorial Gates Print Page
Tresylva Park Memorial Gates were erected in memory of those from the district who served in World War Two.
Anzac Day services embraced the 36th Commemoration Day service, the unveiling of the honor roll of World War Two containing about 200 names, and the official opening of the War Memorial gates at Tresylva Park. The president of the sub-branch (Mr. H. R. Price ) welcomed Brigadier Moten, who gave an address and unveiled the honor roll. The names of the fallen in both wars were read by Mr. J. W. Prior. After the service a procession marched to Tresylva Park where the newly erected memorial gates were dedicated bv the Rev. C. L. Pitman and officially opened by Brigadier Moten.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 24 April 1951.
|Address:||West Terrace & Cross Street, Tresylva Park , Gladstone, 5473|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.267114|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 22nd April, 1951|